ISHA Webinar Series Presents
Social Skill Development Using An Interdisciplinary Approach
[Free to members; registration closes 5/12/2021]
Speakers: Angela Yost, MS, CCC-SLP and Kathy Klingerman, EdS, BCaBA
Speakers Bios: Angela Yost is a speech pathologist for Greater Lafayette Area Special Services (GLASS). For over 20 years she has worked in a variety of settings with all ages including: hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and in homes to provide home-based services for the 0-3 population. As a GLASS employee, she is currently in the school serving the high school age population.
Kathy Klingerman is an autism consultant for Greater Lafayette Area Special Services (GLASS). She has degrees in special education and educational psychology with a certification in applied behavior analysis (ABA). Kathy has over 20 years of experience working with students in a variety of settings, from a home-based setting to preschool and high school classrooms.
Abstract: In this presentation, the speakers will discuss their backgrounds, their work with students with social skills deficits and their interdisciplinary approach to collaboration. Included in this discussion, the speakers will highlight the importance of how collaboration can lead to creating meaningful programs for students. Further, the use of several evidence-based practices that lead to the development of meaningful language and relationships will be shared. Time for questions and discussion will be included.
Learner Outcomes: After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify how differences and similarities in disciplines can positively affect collaboration.
- Create a plan for how to collaborate and with whom.
- Identify approaches that can be used in therapy sessions with students and other professionals to meet outcomes.
- 10 minutes for presentation of backgrounds - where we started and where we are now
- 30 minutes for presentation on process of how collaboration started and how it has changed over time
- 10 minutes for evidence-based practices - what we do and are they that different between disciplines?
- 10 minutes for questions and discussion
This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
Financial Disclosures: Angela Yost has no financial relations to disclose. Kathy Klingerman has no financial relations to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Angela Yost has no non-financial relations to disclose. Kathy Klingerman has no non-financial relations to disclose.
Session evaluation and information on how to submit your continuing education hours will be emailed to registrants after the presentation.
For questions about this and other Professional Development events please contact Joey Box, ISHA VP of Professional Development, at email@example.com.
Not a member of the ISHA family yet? Consider this and other member benefits and join.