2015 ISHA Convention
Spring is here. It’s time for you to grab your “Passport to Excellence” at the 2015 Indiana Speech, Language, and Hearing Association Annual Convention April 23-25. We listened to our members and have exciting announcements about the 2015 Convention.
- Convention location returning to the Indianapolis Sheraton at the Fashion Mall. Free parking, fun shopping, and great entertainment right outside your door.
- New, improved convention format with more opportunities to earn CEUs both onsite and at home through webinars!
- Reconfiguration of convention time—1/2 day Thursday, full day Friday and Saturday to better meet your needs.
- “University Day” on Saturday with special sessions aimed at meeting the needs of our future SLP and audiologists as well as showcasing our student research poster sessions and ISHA award winners.
- Return of the very popular “ISHA Movie Night” on Thursday.
- Keynote presentation from Al Condelucci-exploring relationship and social capital.
- Breakfast and Learn opportunity with Shari Robertson “I used to have a handle on life, but it broke!” Strategies for managing time and stress, boosting clinical efficacy, and enjoying your job more.
- Breakout sessions on autism, behavior, dysphagia, aphasia, AAC, audiology and more!
- New and improved ISHA Marketplace
We look forward to traveling with you in April! Grab your “Passport to Excellence” and join us at the Indianapolis Sheraton for ISHA Convention 2015. More information and registration at www.islha.org
will be presented at this year's convention - April 23-25th at the special "Awards & Desserts" event beginning at 1:30 on Saturday the 25th
Do you know someone who is deserving of an ISHA Award? The following opportunities are available:
HONORS OF THE ASSOCIATION is presented to a member who has made significant contributions to the field of speech, language, or audiology and has served at the state, regional, or national level(s). The nominee must have been a member of ISHA for at least five years.
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD is presented to an ISHA member for advancement of knowledge in clinical practices, with emphasis on achievement within the preceding five years.
CERTIFICATE OF COMMENDATION is presented members, outside individuals and organizations performing acts or activities which are particularly meritorious in advancing the welfare of ISHA, its members, or persons with communication disabilities.
FRIEND OF ISHA AWARD is presented to organizations, agencies, or individuals outside of ISHA performing acts or activities which are particularly instrumental in advancing the welfare of ISHA, of the professions comprising its membership, or of persons with communication disabilities.
To nominate someone you feel is worthy, please complete the following online form:
Yes, I want to nominate someone!
Jennifer Freeman email@example.com
or Ann Ninness firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit all nominations no later than March 31st. Awards will be presented Convention during the Awards Presentation at 1:30 pm on Saturday, April 25, 2015.