ISHA's 2017 - 80th Annual Spring Convention
April 20-22, 2017
Around the World in 80 Years –
Celebrating the Art, Science and
Miracle of Communication
1. Student membership is free. Join by accessing this link http://www.islha.org/page-31353 or calling into our office at 317-916-4146. Any students selected for ISHA awards or scholarships must be student members. The student member fee for Convention is $30 and the non-member fee is $45.
2. Apply for scholarships. Up to four scholarships at $500 each will again be awarded to Indiana graduate students enrolled in a speech-language pathology or audiology program. Students must be members to receive a scholarship. Students can access the scholarship information and application here. Those selected for a scholarship must be onsite for the awards presentation on Saturday to receive their check and award plaque.
3. Attend and participate in the 2017 Convention. The theme for this year is: “Around the World in 80 Years! Celebrating the Art, Science and Miracle of Communication.” The dates are April 20-21-22 with Saturday April 22nd being the primary day for student participation.
- Student Volunteers for Convention: Students help ISHA in many ways with registration, tallying evaluations, moderating and more. Students must be registered for Convention to volunteer. Once registered to attend convention – all they will need to do is show up when they are scheduled to volunteer and they will receive a $15 refund for helping out. Want to volunteer? Here is the link:
- Poster presentations have been a huge success the past few years. Again for 2017, poster sessions will be an important part of the event! Poster session time is scheduled on Saturday, April 22nd from 12:30 to 1:30 pm. We hope to get CE approval as we did last year so submitting the information for the presentation will need to be completed no later than February 24th. The information and submission application can be accessed here.
- Start preparing for the 2017 ISHA Praxis Bowl. Graduate students are invited to participate in this year’s Praxis Bowl (sponsored by EBS) taking place at Convention on Saturday, April 22nd at 10:00 am. Undergraduate students are encouraged to attend the Praxis Bowl and volunteer. More information will soon follow. FREE REGISTRATION for Praxis exam will be awarded to each member of a winning team!
2017 ISHA PRAXIS BOWL!
Congratulations to the 2016 Reigning Champions from St. Mary’s College!
Who will clench the victory in 2017?
DATE: April 22nd
TIME: 10:00 – 11:30 PM
LOCATION: ISHA Convention 2017 – Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel – 31 West Ohio Street – Indianapolis, IN
TEAM SIGN-UP: CLICK HERE to access the pdf form to complete and send back to us by April 8th - Each team should consist of 4 people on a team plus 1 alternate. Scan and e-mail the form to Stephanie - firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (317) 481-1825.
Professors and/or instructors are also needed for the “expert” panel. There is space at the bottom of the attached form to add names. Also – for fun – you might want to view Missouri’s video of a past PRAXIS bowl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8uNDgSZC0 - (FYI…teams no longer hold up letters for answers. Each team is provided an “answer clicker”).
Quiz Bowl Sponsored by:
Learn more about EBS - Click here!
Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre
31 W. Ohio Street ~ Indianapolis, IN 46204
All Roads Lead to Indianapolis!
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS
ISHA Central Office
3125 Dandy Trail, Suite 110
Indianapolis, IN 46214